When you load your visits in the interface, they appear on the map and in the left list.
You can add more visits importing an Excel file via Import visits or adding them directly in the interface with New visit. You can also delete all the visits with the dustbin button on the right at the top of the list.
The visits are divided in 3 categories, Errors, Warnings and Visits without problems. You will have to pay attention to Errors and Warnings, given that these visits are considered by SimpliRoute to not be in the right place.
You can edit any visit putting your mouse on the top of it and clicking on the pen icon. Clicking on edit, you can change any of the elements you had informed before, such as the time window, the load, the notes, etc.
You can eliminate any visit putting your mouse on the top of it and clicking on the dustbin icon. This action is irreversible.
What are the Errors and Warnings?
When you load your visits in the interface occurs a process we call geocoding. It consists in transforming the addresses you entered in points on the map. Depending on several factors, your visits can remain in the right place or in a wrong place on the map. The factors that most influence on your addresses to be in the right place are:
- The address format: the suggested format is "Number Street, possibly District, City, Country". For example: "550 Fulton Street, San Francisco, CA, United States". SimpliRoute counts with an intern process that cleans the addresses reading the text you entered and tries to convert it into the suggested format. Thus, depending on how much has been cleaned the address, the cleaner may not be sufficient.
- Spelling errors: streets incorrectly written can remain in the wrong place.
- Streets that do not exist on the map: more frequently in rural zones, it is possible that streets that really exist are not even on the map. This is especially the case with new streets.
- Streets with changed name: when a street changes of name it can take a time before being updated by the map providers. The old names will disappear from the maps and it will be more difficult to find it. For example: 11 de Septiembre en Santiago, Chile.
To keep progressing in the route creation, you have to solve all the Errors.
If you have warnings, this is not necessary you fix all of it. You can keep going clicking on the Continue despite active alerts.
At the top of the list you will see how many Errors and how many Warnings there are. You can click on Errors or on Warnings so that can appear only the addresses with errors or warnings. You can also delete all the addresses with Warnings or with Errors in one time thanks to the dustbin buttons. This last action is irreversible.
Errors are addresses considered by SimpliRoute to not be in the right place. You have to fix or delete all the errors in order to keep progressing. As well in the list than on the map you will see it in red.
If you click on one of it, you will see on the map why SimpliRoute considers this address as an error. Possible errors are:
- In another country: the visit is in a different country than where you created your vehicles.
- Too much far from the warehouse: the visit is very far from the warehouse. We suppose you do not want to put the address there.
So as to fix an error, edit the visit thanks to the pen icon. Change the address in the address field or move it directly from the map. Click on Save so as to actualize the changes.
If you consider the address is not an error, you can click on the cross on the left and with this the address will stop from being an error.
Alerts are addresses SimpliRoute points out as possible errors but without being a 100 % sure. In 80 % of the cases, SimpliRoute is right and these addresses are errors but sometimes it turns out that the addresses are correct. You can check addresses with warnings so as to see what to do with them. This is not necessary you fix it although we recommend you to do it, given that most of the time these are real errors.
Addresses with warnings appear in orange and yellow on the interface. The possible warnings are:
- Center of the city: appears on the interface in orange. They are addresses SimpliRoute could not find in the street, thus they were placed in the center of the district or city it belongs.
- Different city than what is entered: appears on the interface in yellow. The address is not in the city or district initially indicated. This can occurs in bordering zones between two cities or sectors or when there are more than one street in the city with the same name.
- Suspicious address: in yellow on the interface. This is an address which street or city is not found by SimpliRoute and it was put in a street with a similar name.
Like addresses with errors you can modify it clicking on the pen icon, moving it on the map or changing the address text. You can also delete the warnings clicking on the cross on the left side of each one.
*For the moment, these warnings are only available in Chile.