When you log on to SimpliRoute, the first thing you see is the Initial information panel. Here you will be able to:
- Chose the date of the routes you will create.
- Choose the work schedule of the vehicles.
- Choose the vehicles that will go out in the street.
The date in the panel on the right determines on which day will go out in the street the vehicles that have to complete the routes you created. By default, the selected date is always the current day. If you want to create routes for the day of tomorrow for example, you have to select from the calendar the day of tomorrow.
Choose during which schedule will work your vehicles. The starting hour the minimum hour during which the vehicles can go out of the warehouse or address of origin. The ending hour is the maximum hour during which the vehicles have to be back to the warehouse.
ADVANCED: in the case of optimization with Opened routes, the ending hour corresponds to the maximum hour during which the vehicles have to end delivering without taking into account a coming back to the warehouse.
We will call this time range the global work hour. This range is applied for all the vehicles, always and when they don´t have a particular work hour. When you create a vehicle, you can choose if this vehicle will have a specific work hour different from the rest of the fleet or if it will be included in the global work hour. You can check how to configure this for each of the vehicles in the Vehicle management section.
You can choose if you will use all your vehicle fleet or if you will just use a part of it. To do this select the vehicles you want to work with.
So as to see more details of a vehicle, click on it. It will expand the view and you will see the origin and final addresses of the vehicle, his work schedule and his skills. Furthermore you will see on the map where are his destination and origin addresses.
If you want to edit a vehicle, you can do it with the pencil icon next to each vehicle.
IMPORTANT: the changes done through this option are only applied to this work session. If you refresh the page, the changes done for the vehicle will return to their values of origin. This option allows you to configure punctual changes on the vehicle, that are only applied for this day, giving you more flexibility in your work.
So as to do definitive changes to your vehicles, connect to the Vehicle configuration section with the button Manage my vehicles.
In some cases, you will not be able to keep progressing to the Step 2 concerning the Visits because one of your selected vehicle has a problem. The possible issues that could occur to you may be:
- One of your vehicle don´t have an address of origin: if one of your selected vehicle don´t have any address of origin, you will not be able to keep progressing. Go to the configuration section of the vehicles so as to solve this.
- One of your vehicles already has routes for this schedule: a vehicle cannot have two simultaneous routes. It means that it cannot have two routes that have an hour in common. If you already created a route for a vehicle for example for tomorrow, you will be able to create a second route for this same vehicle only during the afternoon. If you receive this message, change the global work time or the particular work time of the vehicle according to this case.